About the Department
The Department of Information Technology was established in the academic year 2006- 07. The programme is provisionally accredited by the National Board of Accreditation. The department is headed by Dr. M. Suresh Kumar, who has more than 23 years of teaching experience. The department comprises of eleven faculties out of whom, one member holds PhD and seven members are pursuing PhD. The faculty has proved their excellence in academia and research through their research publications in SCI Indexed journals and through participation in activities related various professional bodies. The members of the faculty have contributed themselves in development of standards and in the development of the curriculum of other universities.
The department is facilitated with a laboratory comprising of 72 workstations and a server, which is sufficient to carry out academic exercises and research projects done by the students. Additionally, a laboratory with 32 Terminals, 30 Developer Kits and 8 Sensor Kits is also established to conduct research experiments based on Internet-of-Things, sponsored by Intel Corporation. The department is augmented with 10 University rank holders since the commencement of the programme. The Department also shows a better trend in placing the students in a wide range of companies, such as Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Maveric Systems, L&T Infotech, Cognizant Technological Solutions, Sutherland Global services, Dhyan Infotech, Paxterra Solutions, etc. The placement statistics has raised to 100% in the academic year 2014-15.
Message from Head of Department
The Department of Information Technology was formed with the primary objective of providing world class education in the field of Information Technology, while addressing the problems of today and tomorrow. Right from its inception, the department has been offering excellent infrastructural facilities with a variety of computing platforms for aspiring professional students to meet the growing demands of the IT industry.
The department endeavours to produce confident professionals tuned to real time working environment. The department offers excellent academic environment with a team of highly qualified faculty members to inspire the students to develop their technical skills and inculcate the spirit of team work in them. The strength of the department lies in the highly motivated students who understand the dynamics of the industry and hone their skills accordingly. We focus on bridging the gap between campus education and industry needs through internships, guest lectures and workshops. Our department has an outstanding placement statistics and our students have been placed in leading IT companies.
B.Tech . Information Technology
Our Vision is to develop the department as a centre of excellence in Information Technology comparable with best institutions in India by upgrading Hardware, Software and improving the quality of faculty
Our Mission is to develop Quality IT professionals equipped with domain knowledge, analytical skills with creativity and high moral values for the advancement of technological excellence
- PEO1. Demonstrate technical competency in design and problem solving, and will have successful elevation in professional career.
- PEO2. Show a commitment towards lifelong learning through pursuit of advanced degrees, professional certification and knowledge on advances in multiple domains.
- PEO3. Exhibit a range of leadership and teamwork in working on solutions to problems, with global, economic, environmental, ethical and societal impacts.
- 1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science,engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- 2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- 3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet t h e specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- 4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- 5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- 6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- 7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- 8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- 9.Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- 10.Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with t h e society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- 11.Project management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of t h e engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- 12. Life-long learning: Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- 1. An ability to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies of human computer interaction, information management, programming, networking, and web systems and technologies.
- 2. An ability to identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer-based systems.
- 3. An ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
- 4. An ability to assist in the creation of an effective project plan by applying the best practices and standards.
The department has a laboratory with 72 client systems, 1 Server, 2 Laser Printers, 5 Dot Matrix Printers and a scanner. The client systems are deployed with various softwares like Rational Software Suite, Visual Studio and a number of Open Source Software to advance the exposure of the students in various domains.
The IoT Laboratory is an industry collaborated laboratory facility established with the assistance of Intel Corporation. The laboratory is facilitated with 30 Intel Galileo Gen 2 Developer Board Kits and 8 SEEED Studio Gen 1 Sensor Kits.